Friday, May 11, 2012

Print and collage

Two of my most favourite things.

Put them together and what have you got ...?

... An almost successful set of 4 large prints:-


Print collage 1

Print collage 1 (detail)

 
Print collage 2
Note how the scuffed, grey lithograph workshop floor makes a lovely background to these prints!

Print collage 2 (detail)


 Print collage 3 (detail)

Print collage 3


 Print collage 4 (+ my toes, because for some reason I really like this shot!)



Print collage 4 (detail)

As print collages I don't know if they're that successful but they do express a couple of the ideas of this project; a) my experience and b) the sheer abundance of plant life in the fields where I walk.  In the detail of collage 4 (above) for example I can see an embossed plantain stem, the edge of a drypoint signifying one of the big rocks that stick out of the fields, a soft ground etching of goosegrass, a collograph representing a horsetail and two drypoint maps I drew illustrating the fields themselves and my route through them.







No comments:

Post a Comment