Monday, May 7, 2012

Let's not mention that 'p' word ...






This is a drawing from my sketchbook superimposed on the photograph of the leaves I drew




For this photograph and the one below I used Photoshop to remove the plants (dandelion and crab apple blossom) and substituted nothing or a black hole where they were



I have a penchant for slow shutter speeds, layering and abstract images at the moment.  I've also fallen in love with the dandelions that are now appearing all over the fields, they are just the most cheerful, beautiful things.  I've been taking lots of close ups and have made a drypoint of a dandelion to use in my final assessment.  It is my most successful print.

Don't ask me about printing - the printing has not been going well.  My many hours in the print studio felt like a waste of paper and ink.  So we'll stick with the photographs and scans for now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment