Friday, October 15, 2010

Let's start at the very beginning ...

Having just finished one (A4) sketchbook I thought I'd upload some of the images from it.

I started out with a negative impression of the urban environment but find that my view is changing, partly as a result of my own work and partly through seeing what everyone else is doing. 













Limerick is a new city to me and now I'm able to see it through dozens of pairs of imaginative eyes, being translated into 2D and 3D works.  Whilst I'll never feel completely at home in a city, this project has made me realise that beyond the crowds and the shops and the traffic there is the wonderful and the sordid, the new and the old, the frightening and the inspirational.  I think a city, as a reflection of it's inhabitants, time, history and location can be all these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment