Tuesday, October 26, 2010

At the end of last week I did some more 3D.  I went to Wickes and bought a load of cheap electrical bits and pieces such as metal socket boxes, connectors and insulating tape and then set about trying to reproduce the way the electricity cables connect, overlap and double back on each other.  I used the tape and connectors to replicate the connectors on the poles themselves and used the metal socket boxes as the bases.  I got some great wire from the stores that was lovely to work with and just set off, trying to get the randomness of the cables that you see in the photographs.  I really enjoyed doing this and was sorry to run out of wire.  I'd love to recreate this even bigger or just keep on going until there's a huge mass of cables and tape and connectors.  Maybe this would be a good way to get across the idea of the threat of the urban environment - a person or town trapped in a massive tangle of cables.








I'm going to carry on messing around with wire, tape and connectors and see what else emerges.

1 comment: