Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day 5/Dawn 1 - Epson Inkjet 0

Only did inkjet printing today which doesn't count as 'real' printing in my book.  Using this printer frightens me, not in the least because it has a tendency to stop printing part-way through my prints and ruining them.  When I'm printing over my monoprints there might be 2 hours work on the paper before I start and it's very frustrating if something goes wrong.  Kittens are generally had.  Today was no exception except this time I put the paper back in (the opposite way around as the printer wouldn't accept it the original way around) and printed the same print again.  The disruption of the image and the break in the print actually fits in with my themes quite well so today, for once, it was Dawn 1 - Printer 0

 





Then I varnished some of my prints and what a difference it makes.  I used the satin and matt varnishes for oil paintings on parts of the print that I wanted to stand out and it really lifted the colours and textures.  I may be buying a larger brush and using it on all my prints ...

No comments:

Post a Comment