Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Prints Charming

I got my first ever taste of printmaking this week and loved it!  This is a serious contender for one of my 3 electives.  I cut a woodblock at the weekend of the cables from the telegraph poles.  It was a lot of cutting and I only had one (borrowed) tool but I was as happy as anything. The actual printing on Monday was even better - time seemed to stand still and I could have stayed in the print room all day.  Maybe it was the fumes ...


On Tuesday I did monoprinting which, even though my drawing is dodgy, was highly enjoyable.  I traced over a photograph of some telegraph poles in an urban setting and then added in dozens of extra lines and also drew out some electrical engineering symbols and practised my backwards writing.  My lines are very shaky and spidery as I found it very strange not to be able to rest on the paper or to be able to see were the borders of the acetate were but I'd say with practice and confidence this will improve.


Image uploads are currently disabled as I write this but I'll upload some photographs when normal service is resumed.

No comments:

Post a Comment