Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My obsession with telegraph poles

Driving is becoming very dangerous.  I am looking at telegraph poles instead of at the road.  I'm also showing my age by calling them telegraph poles - what I mean is the wooden poles that carry power and telephone lines across the city and into the countryside.


This week I'm going back to basics.  I lost the run of myself last week and got too carried away with the end product so this week I'm back to studying the poles themselves and doing some drawing in the field and a bit of 3D work. 


I made a full-size male torso at the start of the week from card but was ashamed of it after seeing the 3D presentation on Monday.  I'll put the photos up of it anyway.  There is no economy of line or materials used!

No comments:

Post a Comment