Friday, August 22, 2014

Bye bye Limmers

This will be my last post from lovely Limerick.  We are moving to Waterford (have I mentioned this already?!).  To celebrate the rural bliss we are leaving behind, here are some analogue photos of Nobby's bulls.  These fellas are no more alas - they went to the abbatoir last autumn and I was very sad, in particular for the white-faced fella that features prominently in these pictures.  He was a lovely, gentle soul, often apart from the rest.  I used to see him standing under the ash tree in the top field and he would sometimes scratch his lovely curly poll on the branches hanging down.  I almost wish I could have bought him from the farmer and kept him.  I would have called him Mack.  But then finding accommodation would have been even harder - 'house wanted, must allow pets (2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 bull)'.













No comments:

Post a Comment