Monday, May 13, 2013

Seven Tales from Twenty Acres

 
When I decided to do Printmaking way back in first year I was slightly put out to learn that video was one of the disciplines we would learn in subsequent years.  This was ignorance on my part together with a lack of appreciation of the power of film to communicate.  Since the start of third year, I've been borrowing the college video camera to film the Twenty Acres around me and have realised what a powerful medium it is, not only for recording beauty (it's like having e new pair of eyes) but also for establishing a narrative and then being able to play around with it.  I'm probably not expressing this very well - what I really mean is I really like making videos.  Or are they films?

So late last semester I made a little film narrating the  names of all the 60 or so plants that were to be found in the fields around me.  This semester I have really gone for it with a 13 minute film with narration by my landlord.  It's called Seven Tales from Twenty Acres and will hopefully be available on Vimeo if I can work out how to upload it.

Update:  this is the link for Vimeo!

http://vimeo.com/71056481

No comments:

Post a Comment