Saturday, November 10, 2012

Emilie Doyle

I journeyed through the thronged streets in the icy wind off the Shannon to Limerick Printmakers to see the solo show by Emilie Doyle.

Emilie is the graduate of LSAD who won the busary award from Limerick Printmakers last year and I've always liked her work, partly because we share the same fascination for lines.

Her solo show was great, lots of monoprints and collographs, very simple but striking and quite fresh looking I thought.  Here are some photographs of my favourite prints:-


The Lights, monoprint

The Turquoise Door, collograph

Street, collograph

Wind Farming (detail), collograph

The Yellow Door, collograph

Walking the Land, collograph
I also love the way she has framed some of them on ripped, corrugated cardboard and cheap hardboard.  I am a great fan of arte povera and think that the unpretentious presentation adds to the impact of the print itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment